http://cityofhernando.org/office-of-planning/Welcome to the Office of Planning. The mission of our office is to accomplish the highest quality of life for the citizens of Hernando by striving for constant improvement of the built environment and the conservation of natural and historic resources through growth management and sound sustainability practices.
The Office of Planning provides professional support to the Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, Urban Forest Advisory Board, and the Mayor and Board of Aldermen. In addition to planning, our office administers the building code and building inspections as well as enforces the City’s Zoning Ordinance through active code enforcement.
City of Hernando Steps to Apply for a Business License
- Contact the City of Hernando, Office of Planningat 662-429-9092 or apply in person at 475 West Commerce Street, Hernando, MS 38632
- Apply for a Privilege License application
- Bring a signed lease for your business location
- Apply for a Use of Occupancy
- Submit the required state licenses or permits depending on the type of business you are operating
Applying for a Home Business
- Contact the City of Hernando Planning Department at 662-429-9092 or apply in person at 475 West Commerce Street, Hernando, MS 38632 Apply for a Privilege License (Business License) application
- Apply for a Certificate of Occupancy
- Submit the required permits depending on the type of business you are operating
Planning Commission Current Agenda and Minutes: